Some of the rules for patrons at the Masters are no cell phones, beepers, radios, flags, banners, strollers and more.
More about rules for Patrons at the Masters
Augusta is one of the world's most exclusive clubs and has strict rules and regulations on what patrons can and can't do or bring.
Prohibited Items at the Masters
- Electronic devices (Cell Phones, Laptops, Tablets, Beepers and other electronics), including devices capable of transmitting photo/video
- Backpacks, Bags and Purses larger than 10” x 10” x 12” (in its natural state)
- Knives and Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit)
- Radios, TVs, Noise and music producing devices
- Chairs/Seats with pointed ends, Folding armchairs and Rigid type chairs
- Flags, Banners and Signs
- Food, Beverage and Coolers
- Golf Shoes with metal spikes
- Ladders, Periscopes and Selfie sticks
Attire at the Masters
Appropriate clothing and shoes should be worn at all times. Golf shoes with metal spikes are not permitted. Bare feet are not acceptable.
Caps cannot be worn backwards.
Animals and Pets
No animals or pets are allowed on the grounds except animals necessary and specially trained to assist or guide the physically impaired.
- Patrons are not allowed to run.
- Patrons are not allowed to sit down on the grass.
- Patrons are not allowed to bring in overtly branded goods.
Why are fans or spectators called patrons at the Masters?