Justin Timberlake bought the course he learned to play on; what course?
Category: Celebrities, Sportspeople and Entertainment in Golf
In the Greater Memphis area, it was bankrupt when he bought it and he saw an opportunity to give back to the local community.
At the time of purchase it was called Big Creek Golf Course.
More interesting reading and links of interest
- JT learned his golf at Big Creek and felt a personal connection. He didn’t want to see it die after he realized it was in financial difficulty.
- With Timberlake’s backing it has become an award winning eco-friendly layout now known as Mirimichi.
- He sold it a few years later for a loss financially, but hopefully with a warm feeling of the good he had done for golf in his hometown.
- With a slope of 147 off the back tees this is no walk in the park. You can see the scorecard, a flyover of the course and other information on the Mirimichi website
- Mirimichi has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 from 36 reviews on Tripadvisor and 4.3 out of 5 from 77 reviews on Golfadvisor. It sounds like it’s worth a trip! Read what visitors have said.