For more than 100 years, The Greenbrier has been known for world class golf.
There are three 18 hole resort courses and one 9 hole walking course.
The 18-hole golf course opened in 1914. It was named after the Old White Hotel, which stood on the grounds until 1922. The course was originally designed by Seth Raynor and Charles Blair Macdonald.
The course was originally designed by Seth Raymor in 1924. Jack Nicklaus later redesigned the course in 1977 to prepare the course for hosting the 1979 Ryder Cup.
THe Meadows was originally opened in 1911. It was later redesigned by Seth Raynor in 1923, expanded to 18 holes by Dick Wilson in 1962 and then redesigned by Bob Cupp in 1999.
It is a 9-hole walking course which features designs from some of the most famous holes in golf.