How does the PGA Tour make money?

According to an article in Forbes income from television rights provide 60% of each tournament's purse and the other 40% are provided by tournament sponsors.

More about the PGA Tour

The PGA Tour is a nonprofit organization.

Tournaments include the PGA Tour, the PGA Tour Champions, the Korn Ferry Tour, the PGA Tour Canada, the PGA Tour Latinoamérica and the PGA Tour China.

Each PGA Tour event has a purse, which is the total amount of money paid out to the field of players.

In 2019, for example, the PGA Tour took in $1.5 billion in revenues.